
I was playing an intense game of CoD World at War Nazi Zombies with my friends online. The storms outside made the atmosphere even more intense. Lightning flashing and the thunder shouting was epic. However, the happy mood of my friends and I blocked out the dark world around us. I then heard a knock at my door, my auntie poked her head round and simply said "Michael Jackson has died". I went hollow.
It took me some time to process the information. My initial reaction was denial. I thought "No this can't be right". But after frantically rushing to the nearest news channel it was clear that the King of Pop had passed away. I post this article as a mere tribute to him, a tribute that is just one among many that have been created by a world in mourning. Facebook groups created, people buying his merchandise, radio stations playing his songs pretty much 24/7 - Everybody feels some sense of loss.
Now I understand that there were various controversial issues involving his personal life, accusations of child molestation, acts with his own children etc. You either take two views on this: You either understand that everyone is human, makes mistakes and see that clearly the man was confused thanks to his own abusive childhood which was stolen from him - or you make just out of order jokes and repeat the words "Pedo Pedo Pedo, Pedo with white glove" which I'm sure at least one asshole will leave on the comments section. If you do the latter I think you are incredibly narrow minded and you possibly have no shame (In short, you are Paris Hilton).
Remember him for his musical genius. Remember his incredible live performances. Remember his unique dance moves. Don't tell me you never tried to Moonwalk - we all have. All I can really say is that he will be sorely missed, from the Moonwalking of Billie Jean, the ABCs of the Jackson 5 to the scary video of Thriller, I think we all miss MJ, May He Rest In Peace.
1 comment:
Ahem.."Pedo Pedo Pedo, Pedo with a white glove".
Apparently Ian Huntley is awesome at Connect4. I choose to focus on this aspect of his life rather than that whole rapey, kiddie-fiddling thing which clearly has no importance whatsoever.
Post a Comment